This comparison between the 2 social giants was originally posted on Business Insider… Enjoy
The following is a list of some of the popular Google Easter eggs. Note the results:
- Google Calculator:
- Google Search:
- Google Language Tools:
- Google Engines:
- In Picasa, try pressing the “Ctrl + Shift + Y”. A teddy bear appears on-screen.
- While a viewing a video, pause the video Press the left arrow button for 2 seconds or more, then while pressing the left arrow, press the down arrow button.. enjoy your snake game.
If you know anymore Google Easter eggs, let me know.
Sorted by year
- Google MentalPlex: In case you wanted Google to help you look for something you, just think about it and click on the MentalPlex circle.
- Google pigeon rank: Google claimed to use large pigeon clusters to compute values of web pages.
- Google Copernicus Center jobs: Google placed an ad that they’re interviewing people for positions on their new center on the moon.
- Google Gulp: Google placed an ad for their new drink to maximize your surfing capabilities. They also published a FAQ page.
- Google Romance: “When you think about it, love is just another search problem. And we’ve thought about it. A lot. Google Romance™ is our solution.”. That should say it all.
- Google Paper Index: For all Gmail users, this was a nice opportunity to get paper archives of all your selected emails. A stack of Gmail Paper arrives in a box at your doorstep, and it’s yours to keep forever. You can read it, sort it, search it, touch it. Or even move it to the trash—the real trash. (Recycling is encouraged.)
- Google TiSP (Toilet Internet Service Provider): This service allegedly made use of your toilet and sewage lines to provide you with an 8Mbit/s wireless internet connection. The installation was pretty simple.
- Gmail custom time: A tool for Gmail users where to set the sent time to sometime in the past (but not before Gmail was released). Oh and you only get to do that 10 times a year. There was an option to mark the email as read once the user received it.
- 2009: Looks like it was a CADIEyear
- Gmail Autopilot: An option in gmail to analyze emails, adjust the tone, punctuation according to user preferences. She would also terminate relationship with the sender of aggressive emails.
- CADIE’s Blog: CADIE had a blog for a whole day was a few blog posts. Those posts has multiple links to CADIE enhanced services.
- CADIE enhanced docs: CADIE provided multiple services for us humans (Write like a grown up, finishing of your sentences, fact checking and plagiarism checking) and those were just for documents. there were other great services for spreadsheets and presentations.
- Google Chrome 3D: Thanks to the CADIE technology we have a 3D browser, Give it a try if you don’t believe.
- Upload anything: Google Docs announced that you can upload anything to Google docs including your car keys, the remote control . You only need an internet connection and a Google account to find your stuff. Another feature was to upload your stuff to Google docs (like a piano) and download them in other places (very handy if you’re moving).
- Google Translate for Animals: An Android app to bridge the gap between us humans and animals.
- Gmail Motion: Google announced a new technology breakthrough, where Gmail would understand your body motion and respond to emails or ever compose new messages accordingly.
Google embeded Ta3rabozi feature on gmail!!: “
Once upon time, some Arab guy living in US wanted to search some Arabic terms but he did not have an Arabic keyboard so he created Yamli.com. His name was Habib Haddad. Habib created a new concept of what we call now, the 3arabeezi language..
Now google in an extraordinary move brought this concept into their services by introducing a new feature on Gmail, where you can write Arabic words using latin alphabets.
This means that the Arabic language is officially entered a new level of technology and hopefully this tough competition will come up with huge development in Arabic usage over the internet..